4.03.2013

A graphic of.. ME!

(I did this before - half a year ago or something. But this time I needed a profile picture for my account on DrawingNow.com and didn't want to use a photo or old graphic.)

Soooo... here it is:
It's not meant to be a a really detailed graphic with 900000 layers of shading and stuff, I expected it to be a plain 20-minute thing with about one shading layer (and maybe an extra one for the hair. and some highlights. and a shadow. In the end it took MUCH more time than I expected.)
I like this simple technique, because if I will work like a real professional graphic designer some day it's important to work fast and not use too much time for small details. Graphics are made for cartoons and advertisements, so they don't have to look 100% realistic.

Anyway, here is the original photo:
I think it's better than my version, although it's still not too bad.

Opinions? :)
Am I improving?
And did any of what I wrote actually make sense (because I'm in a hurry)?

Maria

No comments: