7.18.2012

I got eliminated from SDNTGD...

Yes, but at least I came as far as Task 1! There are people who applied and didn't even get to the competition itself!
I deserved the scores I got, and I will use the criticism for my future graphics. I am a bit sad right now, but I'm not giving anything up! By the next cycle I will improve, and get further than task 1!
Here are my entries (for some reason, only the first one was shown/judged)


I actually like the second one more, so I don't know why only the first was shown. Maybe I made a mistake when writing the link, so it was invalid!

But if the second entry was also shown, it probably wouldn't have changed anything. I am still not good enough. Yet.




P.S. I am sorry if I sound mean because I am in a bad mood right now, but I have a little rant for you, the readers of this blog.

I get around 8 visits every day, and I often get new graphic/banner requests just because they are free. It means that many people like my graphics and I should take that as a compliment, but when you visit this blog can't you leave a short comment?
The only comments I get are when I finish requested graphic and the person who it's for writes 'thank you, it's nice' or something like that. But if I post graphics or drawings for personal use, nobody cares! The visitors who have randomly come across my blog quickly leave again without a comment or even a 'reaction' (the rating at the bottom of every post) to any of my posts, and those who request a graphic only care about their own graphic!

I'm not necessarily asking for a positive comment, but if you are writing something negative it should just contain some constructive criticism. What do you mean by 'constructive criticism', you might be wondering. And I mean don't just say 'this is ugly' but explain why and what I can do better! Just be honest, and say it in a polite way.

So dear readers, if you like my graphics, please let me know that! Comment, share your opinions! It doesn't take that long!


Maria/mgirl07

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the second one! The clothes in the first one are almost too baggy.

I'll try to comment more! :)

Maria ☺ said...

Aww, thank you!
And in the rant I didn't mean you, you are one of the people that sometimes actually comment. I mean the people who don't comment at all. Since this post was written, I have got about 9 pageviews more. I got only 3 reactions on this post and one comment (and one of the reactions might be yours). Even if some of the visitors re-freshed the page, they couldn't do it 9 times!

Sweet-Lips112(Kaisa) said...

You should be very proud You got in the cycle! You got a brand new experience and i think now many more magazines and fashion lines want to hire you as a graphic designer!

I also like the second graphic more,but ohwell, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I like the second graphic more and like Kasia said, you should be proud , because if you got chosen in the big competition with among all those experienced and great designers was because they see potential in your skills and that you will be another amazing graphic designers!

Don't worry new opportunities will came:)

Emmaa said...

I never tend to leave a comment on blogs, because i usually check on my phone, so its a nightmare trying to log in:L but i always check your blog, and take a look at your recent post, sorry i dont leave any comments but i will defiantly try more(:

Maria ☺ said...

Thank you guys! And
@Sweet-Lips112and StarMinimon: of course I AM already happy that I got in, and you're right, it's a competition for the best graphic designers of Stardoll, it's a big thing to get accepted in it! It's just not very cool to get eliminated at the first round of any competition! But you are right, I should be happy about that!
@Jem-n-em: oh, that's okay then. I didn't know you read blogs on your phone!

Anonymous said...

i love your graphics!

Anonymous said...

i love your graphics!