8.22.2012

First attempt at background?

Yes, the title says it all. I have tried to make a graphic of a beach, just for fun. I didn't use any reference image for the beach, only for the palm leaf. It's NOT finished yet because I think the leaves need some more detail (I was in a very lazy mood that day) and obviously a beach needs seashells and pebbles and stuff like that, but how do I draw them?
Here is the unfinished beach graphic:
If I ever finish it I might use it for a graphic.

As you can see, I've used many of my program's 'childish' functions that a good graphic designer should never use... you should be able to make the sand look natural and 3D yourself without using the 'textures' tool, and although a self-made gradient takes more time it looks better than when it's made with the gradient tool!
I still like it, although it's not perfect.

Maria/mgirl07

5 comments:

Emmaa said...

Amazing! Just amazing!

Maria ☺ said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The sand and water looks a bit off, like the perspective isn't right. You should add some sort of shading so it looks like the water is extending out to the horizon.

I really love the colors and it's amazing for your first try!,

Maria ☺ said...

Thank you! I know, I need some sort of shading but I don't really know how and where. But, as I said before, it's not finished yet so I might add that later.

Sweet-Lips112(Kaisa) said...

i really like the palm :D, you should do a little work with the water and it will turn out amazing!